Tuesday, March 23, 2010

my girl

it's been said that Anna is my doppelganger. sometimes, i think it's hard to pick out your features in someone else's face. so, i can't say that i look at her and say, "yep, that's me!" but in actions...oh boy, there's a resemblance. you may remember from earlier posts that Anna is a night owl. ditto. she's also the mother hen of the family. (uh, i can relate) is singing to herself (or others) all day long. (if you were at Costco today, you may have seen me doing this) twirls her hair. (no comment) and loves, loves, loves, loves, crafting! she would sit and color all day long if she could. throw in some stickers and jewels, Anna's own version of heaven. Michael's and JoAnn are favorite destinations. she is dying for her own sewing machine, and wants a camera for her birthday. here is her latest creation: now, we can play the nature vs. nurture game and argue that she sees me doing all of the above and therefore it's all learned behavior. and trust me, that's a valid argument, but i submit to you the evidence of my other daughters. Madeline loves to go to bed, she asks for it. does not twirl her hair. (this may be a logistical problem as it is way too curly to twirl.) prefers to let Anna do the mothering, so she can do the kid thing. (might be a product of sibling order) is luke warm on crafting. (sure it's fun for a while, but likes to move on.) needs extreme bribing to go to the craft store. and couldn't care less about sewing or photography. (so far) we'll see how time develops these two personalities.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your girls!

Sharone said...

I love this little girl! I didn't know you as a little girl, but she definitely reminds me of you :) What a darling little princess.

Corbynn said...

oh anna! haha i love her!! whenever i show pictures of her to my friends they think im showing them my baby pictures! haha maybe the three of us are doppelgangers? there's no doubt she's your daughter!

Carroll Family said...

Love that Anna!!! She IS one of the longest colorers in my class - but I love it!