Monday, November 21, 2011

disneyland!!!!!

we came to California a day early, which meant...Disneyland!!!  Barrett's family was headed there, and we got to tag along.  the place was packed!  as a kid growing up near disneyland, we avoided any hint of crowded-ness.  but now, as a tourist, i was of the "we got to get our money's worth!" mindset.  the men and Tashy took the kids on Star Tours, while Autumn and I took the baby boys (and one baby girl in-utero) on Buzz Lightyear.  i was a little worried Colin would freak out, his sisters were not that into the loud sounds and blinking lights just last year, but he LOVED it.  this picture makes me laugh, because I look totally into it, while Autumn looks like a woman who is 7 months pregnant and chasing a 15 month old around Disneyland.  (a totally accurate depiction of our day)
 i've noticed that since Colin, I have been a lot less likely to photograph our family outings.  here's why: (he's always attached to me, and has very grabby hands)
 the rest of the gang!
 i love this picture!  i love the way my kids are best friends with their cousins. 

 it was a blast taking the boy to Dland for the first time.  truth be told, Disneyland is really for me.  the kids aren't even a degree as into it as i am.  they would have been fine at the park, but this was my Christmas present for sure!  i love introducing my kids to MY happiest place on earth!

 the babies went home with Grandma and Grandpa after lunch, and then around 9 Jason and Autumn took home the 4 little girls.  this left myself, Anna, Barrett, Henry and Ash at Disneyland for the duration!  it was so fun!  back in the day, when i was about 12 or so, we remodeled our house and my parents got the 4 kids passes to Disneyland.  that summer they dropped us off everyday while work was being done.  we got to know the place so well that the workers used to let me do the Jungle Cruise tour myself.  being back with Ash and Barrett made me feel like a kid again.  and racing Anna and Henry around to all the rides was so fun!  Barrett forgot himself for a moment and mentioned that the Matterhorn had a Yeti, so Anna and I hit the Tea Cups alone.  but we got to see the coolest light show at Small World while we waited. 

 Tashy let each kid choose a candy at the end of the night.  Anna chose an enormous lollipop and i told her she was going to fall asleep in the car and i would get stuck to her hair.  (just like when i was a kid)  low and behold:
 and one last shot from the day.  Avery and I back on Buzz:
i really improved my score that time!

No comments: