Friday, August 31, 2012

Colin's Dick and Jane Nursery - it's finished!

this post is really just for me.  (well, aren't they all) but, i really wanted to chronicle the room my boy had as a baby.  i kind of agonized over it, because as it turns out, i am very girly and the boy thing didn't come easy.  

i finally settled on a palate of primary colors, incorporating my antique pram.  
 back when i had Anna, i really planned on a neutral nursery that would work for a boy or a girl, but my girly instincts took over, and the girls got a nursery fit for a princess.  but i fell in love with this vintage Dick and Jane fabric.  so, i revisited it this time around and rekindled my romance.  
 i bought these postcards on a 1999 summer in Paris.  the girls version has been framed since Anna was born, the boys went missing.  i was thrilled to finally find it during and reorganization of my office!  

 i love these chalkboard labels for the dresser.  especially because now Jason has no excuse not to put the baby's clothes away.  

 i love these pails from the dollar section of Target.  what a steal!
the girls had fun helping me spell out Colin's name with vintage building blocks. 
 it all came together just how i wanted it.  once i found that postcard i felt like it was time to snap some pics!

 i am one happy mamma with this vintage Dick and Jane style nursery.  

No comments: