Monday, September 21, 2009

happy anniversary!!!

seven years ago today, i made the best decision of my life. and Jason and I were married for time and all eternity in the San Diego Temple. it's crazy how seven years can seem like both a short time, and a long time all in one. back then i couldn't have even guessed where i'd be now, in Arizona with three beautiful daughters, all daughters! wow! when i think back to that day, i remember the incredible feelings of peace and joy i felt as i prepared for the sealing. the surprising surge of contentment that swept me up as i became Mrs. Earl. the happiness shared with family and friends, taking pictures and enjoying the remarkably beautiful La Jolla day. the fun "date" we had driving up the coast to our reception. we shared a lovely ring ceremony with family and friends who didn't join us in the temple. remarkably i wasn't hungry or tired as we greeted the guests in our receiving line. in fact, it was exhilarating spending even a brief moment with each guest, even though there were 350. their genuine love and well wishes filled me with excitement for my future. i knew it was something special to have so many people to support us. the reception was a blast! i had so much fun dancing with my sisters and friends. hearing sweet toasts from my new husband, his brother, and my best friend! the obligatory cake cutting, garter and bouquet toss were fun. but there was one moment that stood out from all the rest. the moment time stood still. the moment Jason and i walked out on the dance floor for our first dance as man and wife. it started off kind of funny, because earlier the DJ had told me he didn't have some of the songs i asked for, and he announced us and started playing classical music. we didn't know if he had "our song" so we just started awkwardly dancing. then he faded in our song, and we relaxed. i'm not sure i can describe what made this moment so wonderful, but just taking that time to look into each others eyes and realize, "we're married!" was so nice. my heart did a couple of flip flops, and i fell even deeper in love somehow. not that we were all romance all the time,or anything, we were still our fun loving selves. which is why it was the perfect moment. i think i will cling to this memory today as i celebrate my seventh wedding anniversary, with a nasty cold and three sick children, i will have this PERFECT memory to sustain me. happy anniversary Jason. i love you now more than ever.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

You look just like your sister in these pics! So cute.

Corbynn said...

Britty you are so pretty. Such a beautiful bride!! Im so glad you are so happy and made such a great decision!! I love you and your family!

Joanna said...

You look absolutely stunning in those photos. Beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry to hear you are all sick..let me know how I can help.