Saturday, April 25, 2009

ladies weekend

while the "big girls" were away with their dad, mom had a little adventure of her own. my dearest friend Alison came to town and we did it all, saw a movie and went to dinner with Renee, stayed up 'til 3 and 1 in the morning, got pedicures, went shopping, talked and talked.....it was a much needed break from the norm and time with my pal. i mentioned the pedicures, and this is funny, i always see these cute little designs on peoples' toes and that's totally out of my comfort zone, so i really wanted to try it out. this seemed like the perfect time. when i got to the salon, i grabbed a red polish and chickened out on the design because "red is different from pink." but Ali pushed me and i ended up with these:incidentally, she tried to chicken out of her choice: purple instead of red (out of her comfort zone) and i made her stick to her guns. i find this hilarious, such drama over toenails. fun times.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Jealous you got to spend time with her...

Erin Burns said...

I'm totally laughing at this post. My girls always want me to get a flower or something on my toes and I always say "No....those aren't for me. You get one!" You've inspired me to indulge them next time!